7 Steps to Building Leadership Credibility
Want to build credibility and stand out as a leader? Whether you’re a physician, a CEO, or a financial professional, building leadership credibility can take you from leader to expert and take your business from average to sought-after. Interested? We’ve put together a few tips to help you get started. Here are our 7 steps to building leadership credibility.
- Know your audience. No matter your industry or business, it’s more important than ever to really understand your audience and why they need you. The good news is, it’s also easier than ever to gather data on your audience. Not sure where to start? Make sure your website is connected to Google Analytics to understand more about how people find you, what they are looking for, and who they are.
- Write the book. Who do you trust more than the person who wrote the book on a specific subject? For example, who would you turn to for financial advice: a friend of the family, or Al Zdenek, the author of Master Your Cash Flow? There’s no better way to build leadership credibility than to write the book. Here’s the good news: You don’t have to be a writer to author a book. We’re here to help.
- Parent your business. Alison Morse, Vice Chair of our Health Practice said it so well recently when she explained how parenting and leading a business are alike. “You are the person who cares most in the world about its welfare, so it’s tough to delegate responsibility to anyone, even an able manager (or your mother-in-law), because, hey, they don’t love it like you do,” she said.
- Understand why you do what you do. The more you’re able to communicate your passion for your work, the more customers will be drawn to you (and your business). What is your why? If you haven’t taken the time to evaluate your motivations lately, make it a point to do so this year.
- Share your story. It doesn’t matter whether you prefer writing blog posts, crafting LinkedIn updates, creating videos or podcasts, or speaking at conferences – sharing your story is more important than ever. Haven’t done any of those? Not to worry. Connect with us and we can help you get started.
- Focus on your niche. You can’t be all things to all people. Our Finance Practice Chair Harper Tucker talked about the importance of finding your business niche recently. “Figure out what you are best at while finding out who it is you like working with the most,” he said. “Look at your favorite clients and try to find a thread linking them.” Click here for more of what he said.
- Ask for help. You are the leader in your field, but you don’t have to do it alone. In fact, we know how hard it is to run your business and position yourself as the expert at the same time. That’s why we’re here. Our team of writers and marketers are here to help you figure out exactly how to help you build the leadership credibility you need to position yourself and your company best.
Ready to get started? The best first step is filling out this quick form. Don’t let your busy schedule keep you from building credibility as a leader and positioning your business for success.